Thursday, October 2, 2014

Crafter? Creator? Creative? Artist? Scrapbooker? Card Maker? Mixed Media Artist? Fabric Dyer? Painter? Art Journalist?

None of those titles ever seemed to fit me.  I wished they did. I hoped that someday they would.  I enviously listened to my friends and peers describe themselves in these terms.


One day I told a friend I think I am a Paper Architect.  We laughed and then realized it was a great description.  If it is paper, glue, ink, sparkle, meant to convey love, care, sorrow, celebration, achievement and more, then we wanted to be a part of building it.  I wanted to build it!

I have continued on these past 10 years dabbling here and there with different crafty endeavours - Circle Journals, Altered Books, Mini Albums, Cards, Home Decor Projects, Scrapbooking and most recently Project Life and ATCs (Artist Trading Cards).

A few years ago we moved to Ohio and I went in search of crafty friends. Locally there weren't any to be found.  I found knitters, fiber artists, spinners, mural painters, photographers and all sorts of other quirky, creative and fun people but alone I was in my desire to put stamp to ink and ink to paper in order to create. 

Then I found Stampin Up.  The colors spoke to me.  The catalogs teemed with creative ideas and were so modern. I felt I finally belonged.  

Now I attempt to build my crafting friend circle online.  Finding kindred spirits who will join me in uplifting others and documenting life one stamped image at a time.

Won't you join me???  

No comments:

Post a Comment